Entry to the Garden Competition is subject to the rules outlined in this document.
The entry area for Newquay in Bloom includes the following:
- Mawgan Porth
- Quintrell Downs
- St Columb Minor
- St Enoder
- St Mawgan-in-Pydar
- St Newlyn East
- Watergate Bay
- Holywell Bay
Commercial premises are only eligible to enter the following classes:
- Guest Houses
- Self Catering Premises
- Best Decorated Public Houses
- Restaurants and Tea Gardens
- Shops, Banks, Public Buildings
- Tourist Parks and Camp Sites
- Activity and Leisure Parks
- Commercial Hanging Baskets, Window Boxes, Tubs
Judges are looking for:
- Layout and Design
- Continuity of Planting & Longevity
- Plant Selection and Special Features
- Quality of Cultivation
- Overall Impact & any “Wow Factor”
See the judges criteria for more information.
Individual marks will not be disclosed.
Entries will be judged on Tuesday 28th, Wednesday 29th, Thursday 30th June and Friday 1st July 2016.
If you enter more than one class you can expected to be judged by more than one judge on any one day.
THE ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED BY EXPERIENCED JUDGES AND THEIR DECISIONS WILL BE FINAL.
Although judges will be pleased to discuss your garden during the course of judging, they cannot stay too long as there may be many other competitors in that class.